BurnsMoto BMW Fuel Pump Bypass
BMW Powerlet Socket - Side Seat Socket
This plug is like Insurance: Better to have it and hope you never need it, than need it and not have it.
Perfectly sized to fit in the Motohansa BMW ADV Toolkits or even just under the seat for that rainy day.
On BMW R1200GS, R1200GS Adventure, R1200RT, R1200ST, R1200R, F800GS, F800GSA and F650GS-twin motorcycles, the fuel pump controller can fail due to water infiltration or because of a design flaw, limiting heat sinking, leaving you stranded. Using the accessory socket or an SAE battery connector and this cable as a temporary fix, you can bypass the failed controller and get back on the road. Features 18 gauge wire and soldered joints. If you ride in remote areas, this cable could save your life.
You must connect the accessory port directly to the battery and have a 10 amp fuse on the positive wire. The stock accessory port has a 5 amp limit and the fuel pump draws 7 amps, which will trip the canbus virtual fuse. To fix this issue you can connect directly to the battery with the iCan Powerlet Socket Kit or the SAE Battery Lead. To install the cable to the fuel pump you need to carry a T-20 Torx socket in your tool kit.
1. Remove the left side gas tank cover.
2. Remove the black fuel pump cover.
3. With a small flat screw driver, pry open the retaining clip and remove the power to the fuel pump controller.
4. With a torx ratchet socket, size T-20 remove the screws that are holding the fuel pump controller to the top of the fuel pump.
5. On the rear screw, I found it easier to use a torx T-20 screw driver.
6. With a small screw driver pry up the fuel pump controller. Look inside and you'll see the BLUE connector.
7. Use your screwdriver to squeeze the tabs on the blue connector to make it easier to remove.
8. Take your fuel bypass pump cable and align the connector to the top of the fuel pump connector and connect it.
9. Insert the Powerlet connector into your accessory socket.
10. Start the bike.
11. Tuck the cable under the side covers, so that it's out of the way.
12. You're back on the road.
See Installation Video Below
I have owned a 2006 R1200GS since new. Purchased the fuel pump controller bypass cable back in 2009 and stored it under my seat since then. I have 90,000 miles on my motorcycle. The original fuel pump controller was replaced under a BMW recall a few years ago with an "improved" version. Guess what?? Yup, the better replacement controller failed a week ago. I self diagnosed the failure on the side of the road. I forgot exactly how your product worked so I fired up my smart phone and watched the YouTube video on the side of the road. 15 minutes later I was thundering down the road again. Saved a whole lot of hassle. Got me home so I could go on the web and order a new BMW fuel pump controller. Thank for making this product! ~ Dave L. from Beaverton, Ontario, Canada.
This Product Fits The Following Models:
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Motohansa Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.